I really think you're hitting a home run with this instrument
I have to say that I am increasingly impressed with every feature of the unit.
For spot sampling and profiling this is an excellent multiparameter instrument. The size and functionality knocks it out of the park for this kind of work compared to more cumbersome instruments.
What are they all talking about? The new YSI ProDSS - digital sampling system
The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) is a portable water quality multiparameter instrument for the measurement of several critical parameters - dissolved oxygen (optical), turbidity, pH, ORP, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, TDS, resistivity, TSS, ammonium, ammonia, chloride, nitrate, depth (optional), temperature and GPS coordinates.
Designed for use in applications such as surface water, groundwater, coastal/estuarine, aquaculture, and wastewater, the rugged and reliable ProDSS allows for the measurement of water quality parameters with digital sensors. The ProDSS uses smart sensor technology that allows sensors to be automatically recognized by the handheld while retaining calibration data.
An easy-to-read backlit color display, large memory capacity, simple calibration procedures, rechargeable battery and powerful data management program (KorDSS) all help to make your sampling experience more convenient.
The optional GPS and depth along with a wide range of cables and sensors (sold separately) allows for complete customization of the ProDSS. Military spec connectors, IP-67 waterproof rating, rubber over-molded case and 1-meter drop tests ensures durability to provide years of sampling even in the harshest field conditions.
- Dissolved Oxygen (optical)
- Specific Conductance
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Seawater Density
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
- GPS Coordinates
- Barometric Pressure
There are multiple features of the ProDSS:
- Single cable design with lengths up to 100 meters
- User-replaceable cables provide versatility, reduce down time and reduce overall cost of ownership
- 4 port cables feature user-replaceable sensors; universal ports can accept any 4 sensors; optional depth sensor available (with depth and no depth)
- ODO/CT probe and cable assemblies feature integral (built-in) optical DO and conductivity sensors; rugged ODO sensor cap with 2-year warranty is pre-installed on new assemblies
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery to power handheld and sensors
- Color display and backlit keypad; menu-driven operation
- Digital smart sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument and store calibration data
- Large memory (>100,000 data sets) with extensive site list and Data ID tag capabilities
- KorDSS software (included) and USB on-the-go connector assist with data management
- Global positioning system (GPS) (optional)
- Rugged, waterproof case (IP-67 rated) with rubber over-mold and metal, military-spec (MS) cable connectors as well as rugged titanium sensors
- Multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean, and Thai
- 3 year instrument warranty; 2 year cable warranty (sensor warranties vary)
Not only have we answered our customers demands for a handheld instrument that can measure turbidity, the ProDSS can also measure depth (optional) in addition to pH, ORP, optical DO, conductivity, and GPS coordinates (optional).
There are many options when "building" a ProDSS instrument. In addition to the ProDSS 4 port cable and the ODO/CT probe and cable assembly, the ProDSS will also work with YSI ProODO sensor/cable assemblies to provide a DO only instrument. It's also capable of using the ProOBOD optical BOD probe for use in the lab for BOD measurements.
The ProDSS is a true field instrument. The titanium smart sensors (4 port cables) can easily be replaced in the field and our durable MS (Military Spec) locking bayonet-style cable connector ensures quick cable connection. A rugged and waterproof (IP-67) rubber over-molded instrument casing provides protection from the demands of field sampling.
Cables and sensors are sold separately.
Note: A conductivity/temperature sensor (626902) must be installed in a ProDSS 4 port cable for accurate temperature compensation and measurement of all parameters except turbidity and TSS.
All ProDSS instruments include a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (pre-installed), hand strap, USB cable for charging the ProDSS battery and for connection to a PC, universal AC charger, cable for connection to a USB memory stick, ProDSS quick start guide, and USB memory stick containing KorDSS software and a digital copy of the user manual.