Our water quality instrumentation can detect sediment and contaminates washed into streams from falling rainwater. As the water level rises WaterLOG bubblers can detect the change in level, while a SonTek flow meter detects the changes in water velocity. Let our Integrated Systems and Services group customize a complete turnkey monitoring solution for automated stormwater monitoring.
Velocity and Flow
Designed specifically for side mounting on bridges, canal walls, or riverbanks, the SL's low profile housing makes installation easy. With three models to choose from, the SonTek SL can be used in channels small enough to jump across to rivers as wide as the Amazon.
- SmartPulseHD® - intelligent algorithm that looks at water depth, profiling range, velocity, and turbulence, and then acoustically adapts to those conditions for the best data possible
- Customizeable, flexible setup options to suit a variety of applications
- Water velocity, level, flow, and total volume-multiple parameters from one easy-to-use instrument
Ideal for near shore deployments in less than 40 meters of water. Designed specifically for mounting on the bottom of a river, channel, or harbor, the SonTek Argonaut®-XR features a special mode that automatically adjusts one of its measurement cells for changing water level. Its small size, rugged build, and flexible system architecture make the XR attractive for both real-time operation and autonomous deployments.
- MultiCell feature - 10 water velocity cells plus an eleventh automatically adjusting cell
- 3D water velocity
- SDI-12, RS-232 communication protocol
Capable of working both in man-made as well as natural channels, the SonTek-IQ can collect flow (area-velocity) and volume data in as little as 8 cm (3 in) of water. It handles full or partially-full pipe conditions, slow, and even reversing flow with ease. Its five-beam pulsed Doppler design adapts to changing conditions and captures high-resolution data throughout the flow field. With the SonTek-IQ, expect to get quality data for quality decision making.
- Self-calibrating water level using vertical acoustic beam and pressure
- Proprietary flow algorithms for canals, natural streams and pipes
The WaterLOG® Storm 3 is a mid-range data logger with an ideal cost-to-performance ratio. Communicate through GOES satellite and cellular modems using a balanced set of inputs for analog, digital I/O and SDI-12 smart sensors. Easily configure and collect data using the browser-based graphical user interface with all standard web browsers on PCs, tablets and smart phones.
- Library-based sensor setup options
- Direct connect or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection for the GUI interface
- GSM and CDMA compatible
Capable of maintaining accuracy at increased rates of rainfall ranging from 0-25 inches (635 millimeters) per hour, the WaterLOG Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge has two removable stainless steel funnel screens and a rust-proof enclosure. It also has a magnetic reed bucket tip sensor and an internal leveling mechanism with a ‘bulls-eye’ level to ensure high accuracy data.
- Built-in microprocessor automatically corrects errors
- SDI-12 output