YSI is pleased to announce the release of the YSI ProDSS (Digital Sampling System), the most advanced handheld multiparameter sampling instrument we have ever offered. Not only have we answered our customers demands for a handheld water quality instrument that can measure turbidity, the ProDSS can also measure depth (optional) in addition to pH, ORP, optical DO (ODO), conductivity and more with digital, smart sensor technology.
The ProDSS features digital smart sensors that are automatically recognized by the instrument. Each sensor stores its serial number and calibration data, even if unplugged from the instrument.
The instrument features a built-in micro USB On-The-Go port for connection to a PC or USB stick. KorDSS software, a powerful PC data management program for the ProDSS, is included with each instrument. Data memory on the handheld is immense, allowing for >100,000 data sets to be logged.
An easy-to-read graphic, color display with menu-driven operation allows for easy navigation and quick calibration of instrument sensors. A long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery ensures reliability in the field and minimizes waste.
There are many options when ordering a ProDSS instrument for water quality testing. You can choose cables up to 100-m with or without a depth sensor and each of the 4 sensor ports can accept any ProDSS smart sensor. The instrument also comes with optional GPS capability.
The ProDSS is a true field instrument. The titanium smart sensors can easily be replaced in the field and our durable MS (Military Spec) locking bayonet-style cable connector ensures quick cable connection. A rugged and waterproof (IP-67) rubber over-molded instrument casing provides protection from the demands of field sampling.
The ProDSS can also be used with the ODO cable for a dissolved oxygen only instrument. GPS capabilities with the ODO probe would be ideal when measuring a large number of aquaculture ponds.
YSI is focused on providing the most reliable and cost effective instruments for use in real world applications. We look forward to mutual success introducing another product in the exciting new Professional Series product line.
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)/Redox
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen
- Specific Conductance
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
There are multiple features of the ProDSS based on our customer's feedback including:
- Digital smart sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument and store calibration data
- User-replaceable cables and sensors
- KorDSS software (included) and USB on-the-go connector assist with the all-important data management
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Color display and backlit keypad; menu-driven operation
- Long-life lithium-ion battery; ensures reliability and minimizes waste
- Optional GPS
- Optional depth sensor and up tp 100-m cable lengths
- Large memory (>100,000 data sets) with extensive site list capabilities
- Multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, and Chinese
- Military spec connectors, waterproof IP67 rating and rubber over-molded case
- 3 year instrument warranty; 2 year cable warranty (sensor warranties vary)
Additional Blog Posts of Interest:
YSI Calibration Solutions and Buffers Expiration Times
Environmental Dissolved Oxygen Values Above 100% Air Saturation
Water Junkie? Top 10 LinkedIn Water Quality Groups You Should Join
So...Whatcha Gonna Do with Your Old Water Quality Meter?