Copper-based parts on the YSI 6450AF ROX Dissolved Oxygen Sensor repel aquatic growth on sensors, extending deployment periods.
The 6-Series YSI 6450AF is a luminescent-based dissolved oxygen sensor that offers YSI customers a powerful tool for making long-term oxygen measurements in severe fouling and low oxygen environments. Its rugged design and large measurement range make it ideal for sampling, flow cell, and groundwater measurements.
The optical sensor uses an integrated wiping system to provide anti-fouling in the most hostile environments.
Durable mechanical features include:
- a non-corroding titanium wiper shaft,
- replaceable wiper shaft seal, and
- a switch controlled wiper parking system to prevent mis-parking.
- easy to replace membrane with a usable life of one year
The sensing system is based on the luminescence lifetime method. This method was chosen because it offers the most stable, repeatable and sensitive method for oxygen detection, thus reducing sensor drift and prolonging deployment times.
YSI's optical DO membrane differs from the traditional electrochemical sensor membrane, requiring fewer steps for installation and less maintenance. The membranes will last for one year and are made of a durable material that is unlikely to be damaged in the field. The sensor eliminates stirring dependency that was required of most traditional polarographic sensors.
- Range: 0 to 500%; 0 to 50 mg/L
- Resolution: 0.1%; 0.01 mg/L
- Accuracy (0 to 200%): +/-1% of reading or 1% air saturation, whichever is greater
- Accuracy (200 to 500%): +/-15% of reading
- Accuracy (0 to 20 mg/L): +/-0.1 mg/L or 1% of reading, whichever is greater
- Accuracy (20 to 50 mg/L): +/-15% of reading