The YSI ProODO dissolved oxygen meter utitlizes ODO® technology, an optical-based sensor, to measure dissolved oxygen. Optical-based sensors drift less than membrane covered sensors and are capable of holding their calibration for several months. In addition, ODO sensors require less maintenance as there are no membranes to change and no electrodes to polish. ODO is a non-consumptive technology meaning oxygen is not consumed during the measurement. Therefore, no stirring is required for accurate measurements, resulting in accurate data collection every time.
Check out the trade in program currently going on (U.S. only).
Enter to win one of these great dissolved oxygen meters.
YSI now offers an Extended Warranty for the ProODO (new instruments only).
Please visit the ProODO Kits page for fully assembled systems.
The ProODO instrument meets the demands of true field work. The instrument is rated waterproof to IP-67 standards even without the battery cover on and the cable disconnected. Our rigorous instrument testing includes 1-meter drop tests from all angles to ensure field-durability. Other tough features include:
- 3-year instrument warranty and a 2-year cable and probe warranty
- Metal Military Spec (MS) connectors
- Rubber over-molded case
- Field tested cables
- Rugged, weighted probe guard
- Made in the USA
EPA Approved Methodology
The optical BOD (OBOD) sensor utilizes EPA approved methodology for wastewater compliance reporting of BOD and CBOD, while ODO probe/cable assemblies utilize EPA approved methodology for compliance reporting of DO.
The instrument provides versatility with numerous benefits from the following features:
- 5,000 data-set memory
- Expanded DO range of 0-500% (0-50 mg/L)
- OBOD optical, self-stirring BOD probe for the lab
- One instrument for the lab and field
- Calibration password protection
- Backlit display and keypad
- Graphic display visible with polarized sunglasses
- Multiple languages (see specifications)
- 100 folders and site lists for logging data with user defined fields
Connect any length cable and probe to the ProODO digital instrument and use the convenient cable management kit to keep everything simple and organized. Convenient features include:
- Cable options from 1- to 100-meters including a cable management kit on 4-meter and longer cables; laboratory BOD probe
- Detailed on-board Help
- Detailed GLP data (calibration records)
- Digital based sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument and hold their calibration
- USB and communication saddle included
- Soft and hard-sided carrying cases available
- Flow cell available
- Cable weight available
- Belt clip available
- Tripod available
Data Manager Software - Included with the purchase of ProODO and Pro Plus instruments! Watch the Data Manager Demo Video Below
Data management can become a daunting task over time but with the Data Manager software this task is much simpler and efficient. Download data, configure instruments, and conduct real-time studies easily with Data Manager software. View data graphically or in tabular form and export data as needed to other programs.
When purchasing the ProODO you will receive the instrument, manual, batteries, communications saddle, USB cable, and Data Manager software. You must order probe/cable separately.
Please visit our extensive dissolved oxygen resource page to learn about all things DO and BOD related; YSI.com/weknowDO.
You can also download The Dissolved Oxygen Handbook - the definitive guide to all things DO.