Blue-green algae (a. k. a. cyanobacteria) monitoring is of growing interest due to the problems some species can present through the production of toxins and compounds that deteriorate the quality of drinking water and through the formation of blooms. Blue-green algae are of interest for ecosystem studies and monitoring as well, where they may represent the most abundant primary producer.
- Designed for freshwater (phycocyanin) environments
- Optimized for excellent sensitivity for monitoring algal populations at natural levels
- Insensitive to potential interference including chlorophyll, turbidity, and dissolved organics
The YSI 6131 blue-green algae sensor is fully compatible with all YSI 6-series sondes equipped with optical ports.
YSI's optical sensors use an integrated wiping system to provide anti-fouling in the most hostile environments. Durable mechanical features include a non-corroding titanium wiper shaft, replaceable wiper shaft seal, and a new switch controlled wiper parking system to prevent mis-parking.
- Range: ~0 to 280,000 cells/mL; 0 to 100 RFU
- Detection Limit: ~220 cells/mL
- Resolution: 1 cell/mL; 0.1 RFU
- Linearity: R2> 0.9999