The 910 colorimeter is a rugged, waterproof, single parameter instrument for the measurement of COD (chemical oxygen demand).
The EPA-approved COD test is useful for performing rapid, frequent monitoring of treatment plant efficiency, and results allow quick response to changing conditions in the waste stream while the traditional BOD5 test takes 5-days to determine results.
Interested in a COD meter? Learn about the trade in program currently going on (U.S. only). Or, if you prefer to buy from one of our dealers, take advantage of our rebate program!
The instrument features a large, backlit display, a real time clock, automatic data logging as well as the ability to export data to a PC or printer using the 900 Series Data Hub for infrared data transfer. Features for the 910 to quickly and accurately measure COD include:
- Automatic data storage; 16 data-sets with date and time stamp
- Large, backlit LCD display
- IP68 waterproof case; easy to hold or set on benchtop; floats
- Innovative light shield prevents moving parts or separate pieces that can easily be broken or lost
- User-calibration to any government or organizational standard (for example N.I.S.T. or ISO)
- Resolution can be improved for specific range requirements
- Known interferences can be adjusted for the sample
- Auto shutoff extends battery life
- 2-year warranty
YSI offers a COD empty vial disposal program as well through Safety-Kleen. Click on the "Resources" tab and look under "Tips, FAQs & Guides" to learn more or simply fill out the form on Safety-Kleen's website.
If you are interested in measuring multiple parameters or chlorine only, then you may be interested in the YSI pHotoFlex colorimeters or the YSI 900 chlorine.